FORD LEMON LAW INFORMATION
If you’re having car problems because you purchased or leased a lemon, we’ll fight to get your money back.
Is Your Ford a Lemon?
Lemon laws are designed to protect consumers who have purchased defective vehicles, and Ford is no exception. If you’ve experienced ongoing problems with your Ford vehicle, it’s important to be aware of your rights and options under both federal and state lemon laws. These laws provide relief to vehicle owners who have purchased or leased a new or used Ford that has multiple repair attempts under warranty, leading to a potential lemon case.
Understanding the process of filing a lemon law claim for your Ford begins with knowing the applicable laws and circumstances that qualify a vehicle as a lemon. These laws vary from state to state but typically require multiple repair attempts for the same issue within a certain period or a specific number of days the vehicle is out of service. It’s critical to keep detailed records of your repair attempts and communications with dealerships or Ford representatives.
To qualify under Lemon Law, your Ford vehicle must meet certain criteria, such as having a recurring issue that started while the car was under warranty. Typically, the problem needs to have persisted after multiple repair attempts, and it should impair the vehicle's value, safety, or use. Each state has its own laws that vary in specifics, so it's essential to check your state's regulations for a complete understanding.
The process for a Ford buyback under Lemon Law will typically involve making repeated attempts to repair your vehicle under warranty. If the problem still persists, the manufacturer may be obligated to either provide a replacement or refund your vehicle's purchase price. This decision will depend on factors such as the severity of the defect and the number of unsuccessful repair attempts made.
If your claim is successful, you may expect remedies including a replacement vehicle, a refund of the vehicle's purchase price, reimbursement for costs incurred during repair attempts, or compensation for any reduced value of the vehicle due to defects. The precise remedy will depend on the nature of the defect, your state's Lemon Law regulations, and the specifics of your case.
The number of repair attempts required before filing a Lemon Law claim varies from state to state, but generally, it is three to four attempts or 30 days out of service within a certain period.
The time limit for filing a Lemon Law claim varies by state, but commonly, you must file within a certain amount of time from the car's purchase date or within specified mileage limits. It's crucial to research your state's specific requirements to ensure you file your claim on time and within legal boundaries.
To learn more, feel free to contact us online or call us at (310) 903-4560 for a complimentary consultation. Our team is fluent in English and Spanish.
Common Defects with Ford Vehicles
- Transmission Issues: Some Ford models, particularly the Ford Focus and Ford Fiesta, have faced transmission problems, such as shuddering, delays in gear shifting, and even complete transmission failures.
- Engine Problems: Various models have been reported to experience engine issues such as stalling, loss of power, or unexpected shutdowns.
- Cooling System: Overheating has been a concern for some Ford models, with issues related to the radiator, thermostat, or water pump.
- Electronic Malfunctions: This includes issues with the infotainment system, backup camera, or electronic power steering.
- Issues with Door Latches: Some models faced recalls due to door latches that might not close the door entirely.
- Exhaust Fume Concerns: There have been reports of exhaust fumes entering the vehicle, especially in the Ford Explorer.
- Brake System Issues: Some users have reported premature wear of brake components or issues with brake performance.
- Suspension Issues: Some models have experienced problems with their suspension systems, leading to uneven tire wear or reduced handling capabilities.
- Faulty Airbags: As with many manufacturers during this period, some Ford vehicles were affected by the global Takata airbag recall.
- Issues with the EcoBoost Engine: Some vehicles equipped with the EcoBoost engine faced problems related to loss of power, often due to issues with the turbocharger.
Why Hire Us For Your Case Against Ford?
Dealing with persistent issues in your Ford vehicle can be frustrating and time-consuming, but that’s exactly why we’re here. At LemonLawFirm.com, we’re committed to making this process as easy as possible for you. Our team isn’t just made up of skilled attorneys; they’re experts in handling claims against big manufacturers like Ford. This specialized knowledge gives us a thorough understanding of lemon laws and the skills to navigate complex legal procedures to get you the outcome you deserve.
Behind our impressive success rate lies our passion for championing consumer rights and a relentless drive to win every case we take on.
With our firm, justice isn’t a privilege, it’s a right. You don’t have to worry about upfront costs – we’ve got it covered.
Our promise to you is accessibility. Available 24/7/365, we’re always ready to fight for your rights.
We’re Californians serving Californians – offering top-tier lemon law representation to every city, every town, across the whole state.
What Our Clients Say
Our clients are our best advocates. Their words reflect our commitment, professionalism, and unwavering dedication to securing the best possible outcomes.